In light of Governor Abbott’s Executive Order issued last week, all of our Tasting Rooms and Wine Bars are closed for on-premise consumption until further notice.
The good news is, by this point, we’ve learned to see the glass as half full, and we feel confident that you can still enjoy a wine-derful 4th of July holiday celebrating one of our favorite vintages — 1776!
In honor of at-home Independence Day celebrations, we’re bringing you 2 delicious, simple recipes — our Messina Hof 4th of July Lemonade Punch and our Shrimp Brochette with Messina Hof Raspberry Gewürztraminer Chipotle Sauce! With our curbside pick-up, discounted shipping, and home delivery options, you can still get your hands on some Messina Hof and make these celebratory recipes!
1. Fill a glass 1/4 of the way with ice.
2. Throw in a frozen Bomb Popsicle for some festive flair!
3. Add 3-4 ounces of Messina Hof Sauvignon Blanc, 2 ounces of club soda, and 1 ounce of lemonade.
4. Garnish with a fresh lemon wedge and enjoy!
Of course, we can’t forget about the snacks! Try one of our favorite simple, summer recipes — Shrimp Brochette with Messina Hof Raspberry Chipotle Gewürztraminer Sauce! Tangy, bright, and light, this snack will make fireworks go off way before the night!
Messina Hof Raspberry Chipotle Gewürztraminer
2 pounds of pre-cooked shrimp – large or jumbo size
Fresh jalapeño peppers – sliced and de-seeded
Monterey jack cheese sticks – sliced into smaller pieces
Pre-cooked bacon – 1 slice for each piece of shrimp
1. Stack shrimp, jalapeño slice, and cheese together.
2. Tightly wrap a slice of bacon around each stack.
3. Skewer the wrapped stack with a toothpick and move to a baking sheet.
4. Pour 1 Tablespoon of Messina Hof Raspberry Chipotle Sauce over each piece of shrimp.
5. Place baking sheet under the broiler until cheese is melted and bacon is slightly crispy (approximately 5 minutes).